• Public Gallery  • Help  
• Join Now!  • Log In  • Feature Tour
 dave horvath | Home > 
1967 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon
Resto-mod of former Tri-County Rural Electric truck from Tioga County PA.  Serial #2461736841  Originally equipped with dual vacuum brake boosters, windshield washers, seat belt mounts.  I did partial restoration and added rear shocks and centered rear axle.  Dan Mininger installed 318-3 premium engine, power steering, Mico brake lock, Chelsea PTO, ARB locker, etc.  Gary Pavlovich ground cam at 262/.460 degrees.  Greg Smith built custom flat bed. Plans for disk brakes next.
Album by dave horvath. 1 - 24 of 332 Total. 6967 Visits.
Start SlideshowTo order prints and photo-products: 1. Select photos. 2. Click Order. 3. Select products.Select images and click to download to your computerNext 24 | Show all 
Enlarge photo 1

Enlarge photo 2

Enlarge photo 3

Enlarge photo 4

Enlarge photo 5
View of truck as purchased.  Winch was long gone.  No running boards.  Fenders welded to cab.

Enlarge photo 6
At home in the garage next to the 1950 Power Wagon.

Enlarge photo 7
Truck was stripped to the bare frame, sandblasted and repainted.  An old repair to the frame had to be re-welded and plate moved to inside of frame.

Enlarge photo 8
Shot of front axle during rebuild.

Enlarge photo 9
Here's a shot of the drag link and pitman arm with rebuild components from Vintage Power Wagons.

Enlarge photo 10
Centered rear differential and rear shocks in place.  Would like to add locking differential someday.

Enlarge photo 11
Transfer case in place with new pinion seals from VPWs and brake drum relined.

Enlarge photo 12
Dual vacuum brake boosters rebuilt by Power Brake X-Change in Pittsburgh, PA.

Enlarge photo 13

Enlarge photo 14
Brake line junction block with stop signal switches.

Enlarge photo 15

Enlarge photo 16
The engine was running, but had a cracked water pump and the wrong fuel pump.  I initially planned to just clean and paint it.

Enlarge photo 17
Close up of engine block.  Exhaust manifold was cracked and will be replaced.

Enlarge photo 18
After getting the truck home, I decided to pull the head.  Engine had been rebuilt with original pistons.  Head was warped and water had fouled #1 exhaust valve so that it was stuck open.

Enlarge photo 19
Head resurfaced and new valves, guides and springs ready for installation.

Enlarge photo 20
I wasn't happy with the job I did on the valve seats, and the top of the cylinders had ridges.  I decided to check the rest of the engine.  Half of the piston rings were broken so the engine needed a total rebuild.

Enlarge photo 21
Ring gear worn in a few spots.  My rebuilder, Harvey Bush, said not to worry.

Enlarge photo 22
Flywheel will be resurfaced, clutch replaced, and pressure plate rebuilt.  Will get a new clutch throw-out bearing and pilot bushing too.

Enlarge photo 23
Crank and cam shaft removed for inspection and machining.

Enlarge photo 24
Water distribution tube removed for cleaning.  Looks good.

 Continued ...
 Select All. 
Next 24 | Show all 
  Sign the Guestbook. Displaying 3 of 3 entries.
Very Nice!
Clark, Sun, 21 Apr 2013 8:04PM
Nice looking headers!
MoparNorm | DodgeSweptline.org, Thu, 27 Dec 2012 7:39PM
Truck on!
Frances, Sat, 27 Aug 2005 3:15PM
Album Properties. Email Album. Send Invitation. Add to Website. Share URL