• Public Gallery  • Help  
• Join Now!  • Log In  • Feature Tour
 gladysclancy | Home > Norfolk Island > 
Sunrise Walk

Travel to Kingston for an early morning walk to Hunters Point to watch the Sunrise on the Historic Windmill Ruins, then take a circular route along Cemetery Bay to Quality Row, pass Government House and walk across Government Reserve, before enjoying a hearty breakfast at the Parish Centre. The original plan was for a Bushwalk and a Barbeque Breakfast on the Clifftop, but schedule had to be changed due to heavy rain overnight.

Date(s): June 2008. Album by gladysclancy. Photos by Gladys. 1 - 69 of 69 Total. 11967 Visits.
Start Slideshow 
Enlarge photo 1
1
The Day is Dawning

Enlarge photo 2
2
Cemetery Bay

Enlarge photo 3
3
The Sea is Calm

Enlarge photo 4
4
Colours start to appear

Enlarge photo 5
5
Across the Sea to the Islands
Nepean Island and Phillip Island.

Enlarge photo 6
6
Golden Sunrays give colour to the scene

Enlarge photo 7
7
Clouds over the Islands

Enlarge photo 8
8
Historic Windmill
The Stone Base which is all that is now visiable, was added to the original Postmill and surrounded the central post and struts.

Enlarge photo 9
9
Sun touches Nepean Island

Enlarge photo 10
10
Ruins of the Windmill on Point Hunter

Enlarge photo 11
11
Looking back to Windmill Ruins
Point Hunter.

Enlarge photo 12
12
Looking back to the Islands

Enlarge photo 13
13
Coastal scene

Enlarge photo 14
14
Perimeter of Golf Course

Enlarge photo 15
15
Grassy Dunes

Enlarge photo 16
16
Misty Shower over Cemetery Bay

Enlarge photo 17
17
Jogging the Dog

Enlarge photo 18
18
Coastal Reefs and Beachgrass

Enlarge photo 19
19
Sandy Shore

Enlarge photo 20
20
Norfolk Island Flax

Enlarge photo 21
21
Coastal Vegetation sculptured by the Wind

Enlarge photo 22
22
Council Vehicle used by workers
The 'A' on the number plate stands for Administration.

Enlarge photo 23
23
Misty Rain over the Golf Course

Enlarge photo 24
24
Quality Row Duplex
No 3 on the left and No 4 on the right.

Enlarge photo 25
25
Open Fireplace
No 3 Quality Row.

Enlarge photo 26
26
Bakers Oven
No 3 Quality Row.

Enlarge photo 27
27
Rear of No 3 Quality Row

Enlarge photo 28
28
The Hills rise steeply behind No 3 Quality Row

Enlarge photo 29
29
Circular Stone Well
No 3 Quality Row.

Enlarge photo 30
30
Ruins of No 4 Quality Row
Originally the Civil Com. Chief Clerk's Quarters, viewed from rear yard of No 3 Quality Row.

Enlarge photo 31
31
Front of Duplex No 3 Quality Row
Originally the residence for the Superintendent of Convicts.

Enlarge photo 32
32
Government House in Quality Row
This is one of the earliest and most intact remaining Government House Buildings in Australia.

Enlarge photo 33
33
Frangipani bursting into bloom
Government House gardens.

Enlarge photo 34
34
Government House in spacious grounds
Constructed in 1828, it incorporates part of the 1804 Government House which was burnt down in 1814. It was a stone building of eight rooms and a cellar, with an additional wing for a kitchen.

Enlarge photo 35
35
Golden Orb Weaver at Government House

Enlarge photo 36
36
Front of Government House
Many alterations were carried out after 1856 but the exterior was returned to its Second Settlement form in the 1970's. After 1896 it housed the Island's magistrates and since 1913 has been home to successive administrators.

Enlarge photo 37
37
Government Reserve Wetlands

Enlarge photo 38
38
Government Reserve Wetlands

Enlarge photo 39
39
Panorama Government Reserve Wetlands

Enlarge photo 40
40
Government Reserve Wetlands

Enlarge photo 41
41
Reflections and Norfolk Island Pine Trees
Government Reserve Wetlands.

Enlarge photo 42
42
Drainage Channel

Enlarge photo 43
43
Reflection in Stone Walled Drain

Enlarge photo 44
44
Limestone Formation

Enlarge photo 45
45
Growing on the Rocks
Norfolk Island Pine clings to Limestone Formation.

Enlarge photo 46
46
Limestone Formations
Government Reserve.

Enlarge photo 47
47
Bridge over Drainage Channel

Enlarge photo 48
48
The Parish Centre
Because of the rain, we were unable to have the barbeque breakfast on the clifftop as planned, so ate at the Parish Centre instead.

Enlarge photo 49
49
The Parish Centre Plaque
Officially opened by The Most rev RH Goodhew MA ThL Archbishop of Sydney, 13th November 1993.

Enlarge photo 50
50
Ceiling of Norfolk Island Pine
The Parish Centre.

Enlarge photo 51
51
Stained Glass Window

Enlarge photo 52
52
Land adjoining The Parish Centre

Enlarge photo 53
53
Cattle graze contentedly

Enlarge photo 54
54
View from The Parish Centre

Enlarge photo 55
55
Berries in the Garden

Enlarge photo 56
56
Hibiscus Flower

Enlarge photo 57
57
Bunch of Berries

Enlarge photo 58
58
Ferns hang from a branch

Enlarge photo 59
59
Epyphytes on a branch

Enlarge photo 60
60
Epyphytes

Enlarge photo 61
61
Branch decorated by Epyphytes

Enlarge photo 62
62
Epyphytes on a trunk

Enlarge photo 63
63
Trunk of huge Moreton Bay Fig Tree

Enlarge photo 64
64
Buttress Roots of Moreton Bay Fig Tree

Enlarge photo 65
65
Buttress Roots of Moreton Bay Fig Tree

Enlarge photo 66
66
Ferns on underside of branches

Enlarge photo 67
67
Moreton Bay Fig Tree
Looking up into the branches.

Enlarge photo 68
68
St Barnabas Chapel from Memorial Garden

Enlarge photo 69
69
Guess who just rang the Bell...

   
 
Album Properties. Email Album. Send Invitation. Share URL