As you can see the true Rong-Fu 45 has a rack and pinion set-up for the z axis.
- Bolt holes are 12mm spaced 75mm apart.
- The diameter of the half circle you see is about 3 1/4".
- There is a shallow 22mm slot (unpainted portion) that the spacer block sits into.
- The spacer the rack bolts to is 2 1/4" x 7".
- There is a space of about 2 1/4" in between the uprights.
Needed to true up the casting on top of the column to mount the motor plate.
Used a Bridgeport with a Horizontal attachment.
Casting was off by quite a bit but did not need to be true with the original design.
Made a plug for the hole where the original "Z" crank handle went.
Came out pretty good.
Industrial Hobbies "Z" axis mount was too wide. Scribe shows how much had to be milled off.
You can see the ridge from the factory rack that had to be milled off.
Spacer block factory rack and pinion rack was mounted to.
Not totally finished yet. Brake mounted to motor activated (turned off) whenever there is power to the Geckos.