Our goal at ImageEvent is to provide a feature-rich experience to all our users. Below is a brief list of the most recently added goodies. Check back every now and then as there is always something new. We also welcome feature requests, in fact your feedback is an important part of developing new features. If you do not see something that you would like to have let us know, Click Here to send us your feedback. |
11/19/2010: HD Video Streaming Support
- Videos are now streamed. Videos uploaded are now encoded into multiple bitrates so they can be streamed using Flash. When a video is played, the player will determine the best video that can be streamed by doing a bandwidth test. Multiple bitrate files are created from from standard quality up to HD.
11/19/2010: Power Premium Members Upload to 200MB in size each
- Power Premium Members and Premium members with Large File Support may upload all file types-- images, documents, videos up to 200MB in size each. This is a 100% increase from the 100MB limitation. This is a increase in amount of storage
10/10/2010: Misspelled Domains
- ImageEvent now owns misspelled domains that will direct you to the correct pages. The domains include imageevents.com, imagevents.com, and imagevent.com
7/29/2010: Amazing Photo Books
- We have added photo books. Our photo books are the perfect way to document life's most important moments. Our hard cover suede book comes with or without a photo window and is available in black, brown, blue and red with optional personalization. They are sizes of 8"x8", 11"x8.75" and 12"x12". 20 page base book with 2 custom printed endsheets. Option to add pages up to 60 (30 sheets). 100# gloss, premium, acid-free archival quality paper, Sewn binding. We also have Image Wrap Books -- a full image wrap hard cover book has a high gloss finish with optional spine printing.
7/29/2010: New Print and Products Ordering Interface
- Brand New Easier Printing Interface. We have one of the broadest and most comprehensive selections of photo merchandise available and we're always expanding our offering. Our current catalog of products includes: Photo Books, Framed/Mounted Prints, Gallery Wrapped/Framed/Rolled Canvas, Framed/Rolled Posters, Photo Panel, Wall Clings, Flat/Folded/Photo/Eco Cards, Stickers, Magnets, Keepsake Box, Desk Organizer, 12-18 Month Calendars, Coasters, Mousepad, Tiles, Mugs, Jewelry, Holiday Ornaments, Puzzles, Playing Cards, Men's/Women's/Kid's Shirts, Hoodies, Aprons, Buttons, Double-Sided Press Prints, and Glossy/Matte/Lustre/Metallic Prints.
5/11/2010: EXIF/IPTC/GPS Data for TIFF and RAW Images
- We have added Exif support for TIFF and all RAW Images. Full support for all information: EXIF/IPTC/GPS. Also these images that have exif/iptc image descriptions/captions will be automatically added to your ImageEvent descriptions.
4/20/2010: Large Generated Size added to Default
- We have added the Large Size to also be generated by default. We have noticed that many users like this size, so we have enabled it to be generated to on by default.
4/20/2010: 10 External Links
- We have increased the number of external links to 10 from 5. You can add more more by clicking on Edit Home Page.
4/15/2010: Sharper Generated Images
- The rescaling argorithm for scaling JPEG images has been improved to be clearer and more radiant. The generated images will look sharper than before.
4/15/2010: Correct White balance with all RAW Images
- The RAW algorithm for white balance has been vastly improved. For all camera types, you will see the white balance of the camera's sensor. Also better support for more RAW Image Types has been added.
4/13/2010: Premium Members Upload to 20MB in size each
- Premium Members may upload all file types-- images, documents, videos up to 20MB in size each. This is a 100% increase from the 10MB limitation. This is a increase in amount of storage.
4/13/2010: All file types count as 1 image
- All File types including videos, documents, raw images, and non-web images count as 1 image, regardless of size. There are no restrictions now on Videos on increasing your count. We have removed the 200K to 1 image count. This is a increase in amount storage.
3/1/2010: New Largest Size: XX-Large
- A new 7th size image is the XX-Large. It is a huge size with dimensions of about 1280x960 which will make images fill up the screen. Select to generate your images to this size so they can be seen in higher detail.
2/27/2010: SSL Image URLs
- SSL Image URLs can be used for Image Hosting. Use SSL (HTTPS) URLs on your websites so you can host images in secure web pages. To get SSL URLs, click on Properties on an enlarged image and click Yes for Enable SSL.
2/11/2010: Captcha Refresh
- Image Captcha for Word Verification now has a refresh capability. For those who were having issues with the Captcha image being cut off, please click on Refresh to get a new image.
2/10/2010: Easy Upload Updated
- Easy Upload has been updated so the drop down menu can be changed without affecting the images you have already selected. You may change the number to upload on the fly.
2/8/2010: More Image Hosting URLs
- We have added 3 more Image Hosting URLs to help you out with sharing. 1. Image in Album-- This is the URL to the page of the image in the ImageEvent Album; 2. HTML Clickable Image to Album-- This is a clickable image that goes to the album; 3. IMG Clickable Image to Album-- This is the clickable image that goes to the album that is for message boards. You may choose all 6 sizes. Located in Properties when an image is enlarged.
2/8/2010: Opera and Google Chrome Browsers Supported
- Both Opera and Google Chrome Browsers on all platforms are now fully supported. You may use all uploaders now with these browsers. We now support pretty much all web browsers on all platforms.
2/6/2010: New Mega Uploader
- We have updated the Mega Uploader so it works better with Windows 7. Many new enhancements have been made, so uploads should be more stable and better.
2/6/2010: WideScreen Formats
- We have added widescreen formats so the display is better for panoramic or widescreen photos and videos. If the aspect ratio is higher than 16:10, such as formats that are 16:9 or 2.35, the generated images will be wider. This provides HD formats of your images that are higher in resolution than before. You will see your full widescreen images much better than before on the web.
2/1/2010: RAW Image Support
- We now provide full support for camera "RAW" Support. Upload your pictures in the full resolution without any degration. You can have your users download the full RAW image or the generated JPEG which makes it easier to view on the web. The following cameras and formats are supported Canon (CRW, CR2), Nikon (NEF), Minolta (MRW), Olympus (ORF), FujiFilm (RAF), Sony (ARW, SRF), Pentax (PEF), Leica (RAW, DNG), Digital Negative (DNG). There are additional formats that we are adding that may not be on this list.
1/28/2010: Adobe Photoshop PSD
- Full Support For Adobe PSD. Adobe Photoshop version CS4/CS3 and lower formats are supported. You can upload your PSD file in full quality as you edit it in Photoshop. You can share the PSD or a generated JPEG.
1/21/2010: Better PDF Support
- PDF are now better than before. We have updated the libraries to include the newest PDF types.
1/4/2010: New Libraries
- All the imaging libraries have been updated. We have added over 30 new formats that you can upload. Even though your format may not be on the supported type, it is probably now supported. This includes FAX formats and more.
1/3/2010: Microsoft Office 2007 Formats
- Full support for all Microsoft Office 2007 formats that are the newest of Word (DOCX), Excel (XLSX), and PowerPoint (PPTX).